YOUR MOVE ESTATE AGENTS donate £10,000 to fill gap in Youth Offer Funding Sept-2014-March 2015
After receiving the news like all other providers that the Youth Offer Funding Programme was coming to an end in Sept 2015, we have worked even harder than ever (got the slipper out) to show how much impact the Salaam Peace Community Engagement Programme has in WF. Our work since 2009 has changed and shaped our community engaging 2 year olds up to 65 year olds through education, media and sport. We have and continue to provide real work opportunities for local, especially, young people from all backgrounds to reflect our vibrant borough.
We are pleased to announce that our friends and partners from YOUR MOVE have kindly offered us £10,000 to fill the gap in the funding cut. Our relationship with YM begun with my ex-Young Person Robert (see case study) and Manish and his team have embraced our work, taken time out to attend projects and provide work placements for our YP which is invaluable. The official cheque handover will be at the 9/11 or Sept 11th event @ Hackney Marshes Centre.
I thank Manish, Robert and the team at YM for their kindness and support and hope now, the support from other key players will follow. I would also like to thank sincerely Cllr Ahsan Khan for his direct support in all we do, always being generous with his time and an example to our local YP to what can be achieved as he, like, me lives and works in the borough. I would also like to thank the TYSS – Dyon/Denise, Lynnette @ Kelmscott, Suzanne @ Edinburgh School, Urszula @ Church Hill, Curtis from GLL and all partners, but most of all our very young staff/volunteers team who have and do share my vision and passion and have taken it further. The likes of Azi (Kelmscott), Agne (Lammas) and Yas/david (Leyton Sixth form) keep the flame burning and will be the future of Salaam Peace.
Partnership with Hackney Homes
From April 2013 an agreement has been put in place which will further develop the existing partnership between Hackney Homes and Salaam Peace. The partnership includes:
- Hackney Homes becoming the main funder for the Award Winning Friday Floodlight League. An initiative engaging over 100 Yong People and Young Adults from across Hackney and beyond on a Friday evening at Mabley Green. The football is supplemented every 6 weeks with partner workshops, opportunities for volunteering and training and progression routes into sports teams and coaching.
- In-kind contribution of 4 hours use of Office Space to support our wider work in Hackney including Positive Routes and SPORTED Common Ground Project.
- Outreach programmes on Hackney Homes estates developing sports projects and using community hall space for homework clubs, training and chill-out zones.
- Volunteering opportunities. This includes placements for Salaam Peace participants onto the multiitude of opportunities at Hackney Homes as well as volunteering pathways for Hackney Homes residents on the Salaam Peace/ StreetGames Co-op programme.
The support of our partners and the dedication of our staff and volunteers have enabled Salaam Peace to work with over 800 unique individuals over the last year ranging from 4-50 year olds.
105 participants have attended workshops, gained accreditation and acquired a positive outcome. Highlights of our work include:
- The Positive Routes project which includes the Homework Club, a provision that allows Young People to study in a supportive environment.
- The Friday Floodlight League at Mabley Green which engages over 80 Young People and adults on a Friday Night.
- The SP Cycling project which has seen participants changing their travel habits to develop healthy lifestyles and protect the environment.
- The StreetGames/Coca-Cola VIP day to the Olympics.
We look forward to developing these partnerships for many years to come.
We would like to thank all our partners for the support we have received over the last few years. This has included financial, strategic and in-kind contributions:
London Borough of Waltham Forest /Targeted Youth Support Service7h
London Borough of Hackney/Sports Development Team
SP Football Buddies
Community Cycling for Londo
St Katherine and Shadwell Trust
Inter-Faiths Youth Trust
Access to Sports