Over the next 5 years, Salaam Peace will continue to evolve and have identified the following priorities:
Growing the ‘Be the Change’ movement, which aims to encourage individuals to make positive changes in their local communities.
Demonstrating outcomes using quantitative, rigorous data that will supplement our qualitative evidence base.
Developing multi-faceted projects, combining sport and education, to facilitate future success in those from relatively deprived backgrounds.
We have also highlighted the following areas of development:
Participants & Outcomes
- Increase in 75 core participants per year, for the next 3 years
- Develop a minimum of 5 participants per year into staff/volunteers through our Community Champions programme
- Wider activity offer, with an emphasis on:
- Mental Wellbeing
- 1-to-1 support
- Monitoring & evaluation
- Professional development
- Enhance our external marketing and communications strategy
- Increasing corporate and local business support
Salaam Peace are at the forefront of the sport for-development movement in the UK, providing life-changing support to communities facing unthinkable challenges. The impact they deliver with the limited resources at their disposal is extraordinary.
The work that the team do at Salaam Peace is an amazing example of how people can make a difference to their community and bring about positive changes to people’s health and wellbeing. I am proud to work with Salaam Peace and to support them in their mission to engage communities and improve physical and mental wellbeing.